If you have been injured as the result of someone else’s carelessness you may be entitled to compensation, but have a limited amount of time to act. In Burleson, Texas, a person has two years from the day they are injured, or in some cases from the day they discover the injury, to bring a lawsuit. Therefore, selecting a Burleson personal injury attorney is a top priority, so follow the steps below to find the attorney that is right for you.
1. Locate at least five Burleson personal injury attorneys. Check your phone book or your favorite search engine for personal injury attorneys who practice in Burleson. Make a list of at least five attorneys or law firms, with website addresses and phone numbers.
2. Visit the website of each of the five attorneys. Review each of the law firm’s websites looking for information about the attorneys who work there including their education, experience, and other areas of practice.
3. Schedule a few consultations. Contact at least three of the Burleson personal injury attorneys from your list and schedule a consultation. Be wary of any who do not offer a free initial consult. You should not have to pay to find out if you have a case and if the firm is willing to represent you.
4. Prepare for your consultations. Gather any documents or information the attorneys asked you to bring to the consultation and make a list of all the questions that you have, to ensure that you do not forget to ask anything important. Remember however, that initial consultations are generally only 15 to 30 minutes long, so you want to be sure to ask only the most important questions at this first meeting. Think of the consultation as a job interview where you are interviewing each attorney for the job of representing you, and ask questions that will help you determine if you like any particular attorney better than you like the others.
5. Meet with each attorney. When meeting with each attorney for the first time, do not be afraid to take notes. You will want to be able to remember what each attorney said and what your impressions of him or her were at the time. If you find that you simply do not like any of the attorneys, cross them off your list.
6. Collect some references. Talk to friends and family members about the attorneys remaining on your list. If they have used any of the attorneys before, ask what kind of experience they had with them. You may also want to search the internet for “Burleson personal injury attorney reviews” and read what former clients of each of the attorneys have to say about their experience.
7. Select an attorney. Compare your consultation notes and references and select an attorney. Do not be afraid to trust your instincts and select the personal injury attorney that you feel is best for you.
If you have any additional questions regarding a personal injury claim, please call our office at 817-953-9656 to make an appointment with W. Cade Lovelace.